Saturday 21 April 2007

A dichotomy between thought and action

So much to do, so little time. This seems to be my life at the moment there are many things I want to do before and during my law degree. I am split between actions and thoughts, either constantly thinking about what I need to achieve, or I spend all day trying to achieve something that I never even thought about.

The current list that I briefly compiled (in no particular order) consists of:

-Improving my writing skills, along with spelling/grammar
-Practising letter drafting, formal business writing
-Academic essay writing, revision techniques
-Improving my critical thinking
-Reading the FT, Times Law and general law papers/websites as much as possible
-Research potential law firms
-Improve my spoken english, pronunciation and curb some unsavoury accents

The problem at the moment is that I leap between each item, reading half a book or completing half an exercise. I really need to just sit down and complete one item and then move onto the next and then repeat until I am happy I have improved somewhat in each area.

In fact just writing this blog has allowed me to collate my thoughts in a more ordered fashion, so...er...thanks to me.

No comments: